Tuesday, February 9, 2016

i800a

It's Tuesday night, which means I am sitting outside of Bea's dance class. Timmy got home in time for me to leave the other kids at home- which means I have a solid half hour of free time. Wahoo!

We are still waiting for i800a approval(USCIS).  We were finger printed Friday, which was quicker than we expected (yay!).  BUT last Tuesday we got a dreaded pink paper in the mail from USCIS- Request for Evidence.

Which means, there was something more they needed from us to complete our application.

It turns out there were two things left out of our home study.  Two silly little statements- but they are required to be in our home study.

SO that Tuesday began a really long week for me.

 I am very aware that any delay with USCIS- can become a long  delay- so upon getting the- pardon me- stupid pink paper- I flew into action. Contacting USCIS- our home study agency- and our placement agency.  So that we could (and I say we- but really there is nothing I can do to get this done...which is super annoying, frustrating, sad...pick your depressive adjective... for me)- get this sent in asap. And avoid, hopefully, a delay.

Well, it has been a week and there is pretty much no chance this won't delay us by a couple weeks.  Which unfortunately can have a bigger consequence, because the ministry in Marla's country, closes from mid July to end of September... And with no delays...We could have been so close to making it.

We have to travel beginning of April- if we have any chance (still a long shot) of getting her in July.  If not... October will be the soonest we can bring her home.

I know everything will work out in perfect timing.  It doesn't stop me from wanting to hurry the process along.

I am feeling tired this week.  Drained, actually.  Constantly checking my phone- waiting for our social worker to tell me our updated home study has been submitted.

It seemed like they were going to mail it last Friday- but now it is Tuesday- and despite several emails yesterday- a phone call this afternoon- and finally a (not as nice) email sent this evening- when it was clear- no one would be getting in touch with me today... there's been no word of when/or if they have mailed in the additional evidence to USCIS.

Don't worry, the email wasn't mean. Just no exclamation marks... and an admission that I am worried... which for me, is a pretty cool email.

So if you want, pray for a speedy process in getting this approval.  And my sanity, while I struggle with waiting on other people! 

I laugh, but I am really struggling, and would appreciate some prayers.

Bea's class is over, and she is headed my way.  I will try to write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment