Thursday, May 19, 2016

While we wait

It has been six weeks since our dossier was received in country, and we could get the news we are approved to travel at any time.

Some families who have adopted from the same country as we are say they heard around 8 weeks- our agency said more like ten- and honestly it could be longer.  

What do I do while I wait?

Well... I check my phone a lot.  Every time it dings or vibrates I check for the email icon in the top left corner of my screen.  

And several times a day it's there!  And I feel my heart start to beat a little bit faster as I swipe down to see what is in my mailbox... and the waiting continues.

Sometimes when my phone alerts me- it is a Facebook notification from my Reece's Rainbow group.

Several times a day, it is someone from the RR group, advocating for a waiting child.  

And so while I wait- I am reminded that so many children are waiting too. 

They're waiting for a family.  They're waiting to be loved- for someone to say, "I won't leave you there, I will come for you."

Just waiting. 

I look at their sweet little faces, and my heart hurts, and my arms ache, and my feet itch to run to them.  

We are coming for Marla, but there are so many little ones we will leave behind.  We can't be the family- for every orphan.  

And every child was made to have a family. 

So what do I do while I wait?

I pray.  

I click on the waiting child's link to their RR profile- and I read about them- I fall in love with them- I let my heart break for them- and I pray.  

Will you pray with me?

This is a link to Joseph- he lives in an orphanage because his mother passed away.  Sweet baby will be transferred soon from the nice baby house he is in.



There's a YouTube link in his profile!  

Dear God,

Thank you for Joseph.  Thank you for Reece's Rainbow and the work they do advocating for orphans. We are in awe of Your love God.  That You would leave heaven to come to a broken world- that You would give your son to die on a cross, so that we, undeserving as we are, could inherit Your kingdom.  So that we could be your sons and daughters.  Thank you for loving us.  Thank you for saving us.  God, we ask that our hearts be burdened for the orphan.  We ask for a family for Joseph. We want Joseph to experience love and family- they way you designed it to be.   We know Your ways are greater, are higher than our understanding- and we in all things trust in Your goodness and perfect plan.  We love you.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment