Monday, May 2, 2016

Waiting to travel

I have been the worst at updating this blog.  I am so sorry.

I think the main reason this post has been so delayed- is every time I have sat down determined to write something- I feel like I have nothing to say.

That's not exactly true- we are waiting.

Waiting.

And what I want to say is... it kind of sucks.  I could try to put an upbeat spin on the process of doing nothing but waiting- but it's exhausting and I'm getting tired.

I think Tim and I have reached a point where we just want to hold her.  Gosh, we just want to meet her.

Our dossier has been accepted- and now we are waiting to hear we can travel.

This is completely out of our hands- and solely in the hands of someone in another country- who we have absolutely no contact with.

Once we are invited to travel by Marla's birth country- we will leave to meet her asap.  Which will be within two weeks of being invited.

We really want to hear we can travel this month- but it could be June.

And we won't know til we know.

There will be no update until we are told we can travel.


Recently, while at bible study, I was reminded that

God created time for timing.

I was reminded, through scripture, that God has perfect timing.

I need to remember, especially now in this time of waiting, that God is moving.

He's not taking a break, He's not distracted, He's not disinterested...

He is perfect.  His plan is perfect.  His timing is perfect.

When uncertainties make me crazy (just a little bit)- I need to rest in the knowledge that one thing is certain.

God is sure.  God is steady, He is unchanging.

He choreographs the universe to move perfectly.  His timing is flawless.

If His plan is for me to wait- I will wait for Him- knowing that this part too- has been perfectly planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment