Saturday, October 31, 2015

More Story


I'm going to share a little bit about the more recent steps in our adoption journey.

Timmy and I have talked about wanting to adopt, since we got married seven years ago.  At that time it was just an idea- a future plan- something to dream about.  We were too young and financially unstable to put serious thought into it.  But the thing is- time passed-- we got older-- and we knew that if we were serious about adoption it had to become more than just an idea.  Still, we were waiting.

A friend I graduated high school with recently adopted a little boy.

I will never forget seeing her announcement on facebook.  It floored me.  At this point the call to adopt was loud, it was clear, it hurt.  The invitation to step out of the boat had been issued, and I was plastered on the deck, with my eyes closed and hands covering my ears...chanting, "No,no,no".

I wanted to take that step-- I wanted to bring the orphan home... but the fear. The fear was real.

Although now old enough to adopt, I still felt pretty young.  Although Timmy was secure in a job, the cost of adoption seemed great.

And then here-- was a couple the same age as Tim and I-- in a similar life situation-- with the same God given call to adopt.  And their answer was YES.

Timmy and I got to watch their story unfold.  We got to see God do amazing things in the lives of our friend's family. When we were shaking with fear in the boat-- we were given a visual reminder of the greatness of our God.

We got to see Jesus walk on water.

And suddenly, stepping out of the boat didn't seem so scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment