Thursday, November 5, 2015

Orphans

Every child is made to be loved, protected, taken care of.  Newborns very beings are fragile and incapable of self reliance.  Designed to be loved by the ones who brought them into the world.

This was the plan.  It is a perfect plan. But we are imperfect people.

Along with our opportunity to choose God, came our opportunity to choose sin.

Sin separates us from God.  Separates us from our Heavenly Father.  Sin seeks to make us all orphans.  And we too, no matter our age, are incapable of being self reliant.  We are fragile.

We were created by our Heavenly Father to love Him and be loved by Him.  We were not created to be orphans.

But sin... Sin separates us from God.

Fortunately for us, our Maker is indeed perfect--  perfect in love-- perfect in mercy-- perfect in grace.  He did not leave us irreconcilable in our sin.  He provided a way to Him.  Jesus.

I was lost to my sinful nature.

I can only claim the title, child of God, because Jesus found me.  He sought me. He sacrificed for me.  He changed my name from sinner to saved.  He calls me daughter, and I am not an orphan anymore.

Sorry for the lengthy, perhaps, seemingly off subject writing.  I think it will make sense as I share more(in this post and others) about our journey.  AND if it doesn't...well I did warn you I was going to be a bad blogger...

As Tim and I talked and talked and prayed and prayed and prayed....and prayed about adopting-- my relationship with God became stronger. Funny how prayer can do that.

Prior to beginning the adoption process, I was really struggling.  A recent trip, that provided a glimpse into the circumstances of orphans, left me shaken.  Left me questioning.  Not the existence of God, or even my personal relationship with Him...but left me questioning Him.  Left me trying to reconcile the things I know to be true...with the things I had seen.

God is good.  God is faithful.  God is love.  God does provide.

Children are dirty.  Children are hungry.  Children aren't being loved.

I'm going to stop here before this post gets any longer.

I will definitely speak more about the answers God has given me- and about the questions He has allowed to go unanswered.

He knows.  All my days were written in His book before one of them came to be. I can rest, secure in His promises-- secure in who He is.





No comments:

Post a Comment